Greek Cucumber Noodles with Homemade Turkey Zucchini Meatballs
· 1lb ground lean turkey breast
· 1 cup grated and strained zucchini
· 1 egg
· ½ cup finely chopped bell pepper
· ½ cup finely chopped crimini mushrooms
· ¼ cup chopped green onion
· 1 grated garlic clove
· dash salt/pepper
· dash of dried oregano
For the Pasta
· 9 oz bag of Beet Generation Cucumber Noodles (or your favorite flavor)
· 1 cucumber chopped
· 2 cups fresh arugula
· Finely chopped fresh dill & green onions for topping
For the Greek Tzatziki sauce:
· ½ cup non fat greek yogurt
· 1/8 cup olive oil
· 1/8 cup lemon juice
· 1 small grated garlic clove
· 1 tbsp fresh or dried dill
· 2 tbsp shredded cucumber
· dash of salt/pepper
Preheat the oven to 375. Mix all meatball ingredients in a bowl and form into golf ball shapes. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 mins, checking and rotating in between. Make sure they are cooked all the way through before taking out of the oven.
Cook the pasta in boiling salted water as instructed on the bag.
In the meantime, make the greek tzatziki sauce by stirring together all ingredients listed.
When the pasta is done cooking, drain, and let cool for a few minutes. The greek yogurt sauce with get too sticky if the noodles are too hot.
When the noodles are warm, stir in greek yogurt sauce, chopped cucumbers, and half of the arugula. Plate with fresh arugula on the bottom, followed by pasta, a few meatballs, fresh dill/green onions, and an extra dollop of Greek tzatziki.