Chicken Sausage & Summer Squash Pasta
Created by: Kalemejules
- 9 oz bag of BG tomato pasta
- 2 organic kale & basil chicken sausages (or your favorite sausage brand)
- 1 medium yellow squash – thinly chopped
- 1 garlic clove - minced
- 2 medium heirloom tomatoes – diced in large chunks
- Handful of fresh basil – thinly chopped
- Sonoma Gourmet Basil & Parmesan olive oil (sub regular olive oil)
- Parmesan cheese for topping
Add pasta to boiling salted water and cook as per bag instructions.
While the pasta is cooking, sauté chopped yellow squash and chicken sausage in 1 tsp of olive oil until browned. Add minced garlic at the end of cooking. Turn off heat.
Add cooked and drained pasta to the squash and sausage pan. Add the chopped heirloom tomatoes and fresh basil. Drizzle with basil olive oil, sea salt, and cracked pepper. Serve on warm plates with grated Parmesan cheese and a glass of red wine (optional :) ).